I few days ago I gave a talk at Voxxed Days Athens titled “Why Kotlin?”
The first part is an introduction to the language (and might be boring for someone already into the language). In the second part I tried to provide some arguments on why Kotlin is here to stay.
My TOP-10 on Why Kotlin is the following:
- Makes writing code easier
- Has incremental learning curve
- Has nice features
- Follows modern programming language trends
- Can be easily mixed with Java
- Suitable for incremental adoption
- On Android there is no way back
- Is designed by Jetbrains that makes some of the best developer tools
- Is supported by major vendors (Google, Spring etc)
- Kotlin has a growing community
You can watch the full presentation above. The slides are also available at SpeakerDeck.
[Direct YouTube link]
You can find the slides of my presentation for GDG Android Athens Meetup at http://bit.ly/2yblO55
I was looking for something similar to CocoaControls targetting Android developers for sometime now. I recentrly found the following:
and The Ultimate Android Library
Also checkout the following:
AndroidKickstartR helps you to quickly create a well configured Android application using the most popular libraries. It creates and configures your project for you.
Android Asset Studio allows you to quickly and easily generate icons and other resources in the appropriate sizes (similar to Iconify for iOS)
Edit: More Mobile Dev resources at AppDevWiki (via alexsapran)