I few days ago I gave a talk at Voxxed Days Athens titled “Why Kotlin?”
The first part is an introduction to the language (and might be boring for someone already into the language). In the second part I tried to provide some arguments on why Kotlin is here to stay.
My TOP-10 on Why Kotlin is the following:
- Makes writing code easier
- Has incremental learning curve
- Has nice features
- Follows modern programming language trends
- Can be easily mixed with Java
- Suitable for incremental adoption
- On Android there is no way back
- Is designed by Jetbrains that makes some of the best developer tools
- Is supported by major vendors (Google, Spring etc)
- Kotlin has a growing community
You can watch the full presentation above. The slides are also available at SpeakerDeck.
[Direct YouTube link]